Lake Superior Community Health Center (LSCHC) is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization. Since its inception in 1972, LSCHC has grown and expanded, and today operates as a federally-qualified health center (FQHC), providing comprehensive primary and preventive health care services for the communities in the Twin Ports. We have clinic locations in Duluth, MN and Superior, WI. We treat the whole family in an integrated care model, regardless of insurance or income.
Duluth Community Health Center (DCHC) opens as a free clinic in the basement of Sacred Heart Church in Duluth’s Central Hillside and becomes incorporated.
The clinic relocates to a former grocery store at 2 E. 5th Street.
The Health Care Access Office opens.
The DCHC becomes a Federally-Qualified Health Center (FQHC).
The clinic first receives federal Section 330 grant funding.
Services are initiated in Superior at 1419 Hill Avenue. The clinic changes its name to Lake Superior Community Health Center (LSCHC).
In 2001, a total of 25 FTE staff served 3,296 patients and provided 7,345 visits. The total agency budget was $1.6 million.
The clinic relocates to its current location at 4325 Grand Avenue in Duluth. The Superior clinic relocates to 3600 Tower Avenue, and dental services are initiated.
Dental services initiated in Duluth.
Dental services expanded in Duluth.
In 2011, a total of 74 FTE staff served 10,873 patients and provided 31,858 visits. The total agency budget was $6.5 million.
Added a third site in Superior to offer substance abuse services.